MASS AWIS was started in 2004 and has quickly grown to include more than 400 members. Through its activities that are aligned with National AWIS goals, MASS AWIS is recognized as a Star Chapter since 2013 for:
- Running the organization according to professional standards and in alignment with federal law and regulations.
- Conducting events and activities related to mentorship, leadership and talent development as well as work-life issues.
- Advocating for positive system transformation through activities related to career transitions and/or the special needs of women of underrepresented groups.
- Helping all women in STEM achieve success by focusing on career development activities.
- Reaching out to current and prospective members by partnering with other associations and professional organizations and utilizing social media.
- Highlighting AWIS members’ accomplishments.
AWIS shooting star 2020 Leadership
AWIS shooting star 2021 Advocacy