- This event has passed.
Xconomy Presents: Boston’s Life Science Disruptors
Thursday, October 17, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:45 pm
Join Xconomy on Thursday, Oct. 17 for a unique Boston biotech forum and networking event at the Broad Institute in Kendall Square featuring open conversations on successful careers in life science, starting companies, and lessons learned along the way. Three groups of innovators will have the opportunity to present their candid stories about life in the life sciences and the wisdom they’ve gained, ideas they’ve pursued, their latest advances, and hardships they’ve faced. More information.
Agenda (more details):
- Leaving Academia to CRISPR the Heart
- Duchenne, the Data Gap & the Rise of Patient Power
- Phil Sharp’s Lessons From a Life in Biotech
Speakers (full list):
- Phil Sharp – Nobel Laureate & Institute Professor, MIT
- Christine McSherry – Founder & CEO, Casimir Trials; President, Jett Foundation
- Sekar Kathiresan – Co-founder & CEO, Verve Therapeutics; Former Director, Center for Genomic Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Burt Adelman – Co-founder & Chairman of the Board, Verve Therapeutics; former Executive VP of R&D, Biogen
Students: 50$ – Start-up 75$ – Regular Registration 150-175$
20% discount for MASS AWIS members (use code XconFriend )
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.