- This event has passed.
Boston’s Life Science Disruptors 2017
Thursday, October 20, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 8:45 pm
This event features candid stories from some of New England’s most radical biotech company leaders, founders, and VC backers out to change the game.
Disruption in biotech can come in different forms, from new technologies that can change the face of medicine, to ideas and initiatives that can challenge the status quo. Boston has both of these in spades, with ambitious biotech startups bent on transforming drug development and industry leaders unafraid to tackle the sector’s toughest issues. But which new companies are forging the most radical paths and are poised to become the biggest disruptors? What is their approach to building a great biotech company, and how are their founders working with leading venture capital investors to pull it off?
Join Xconomy for this annual evening event featuring candid stories from some of New England’s most radical company leaders, founders, and VC backers out to change the game in biotech.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Registration & Networking
6:00 pm – 7:45 pm Program
7:45 pm – 8:45 pm Networking Reception
(Click here for more details)
Regular Registration $175 · Startup Special $110 · Student $50
**MASS AWIS members**
Enter Promo Code AWISFriend
to receive $65 off regular registration
(Tickets are transferrable but not refundable.)
- Vicki L. Sato, PhD: Professor of Management Practice at Harvard Business School
- Scott Manalis, PhD: Professor of Biological and Mechanical Engineering at Masschusetts Institute of Technology
- Nessan Bermingham, PhD: CEO at Intellia Therapeutics
- Jean-Francois Formela: Partner at Atlas Ventures
- Geraldine Hamlton, PhD: President and Chief Scientific Officer at Emulate
- Don Ingber: Founding Director at Wyss Insitute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University and Scientific Founder and Chair of the Scientific Advisory Board for Emulate
(CLICK HERE for more information)
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.