- This event has passed.
MASS AWIS Mentoring Circle Recruitment Event
Monday, June 13, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
A mentoring circle is a group of individuals that meet together on a regular basis for an agreed upon length of time. The group’s primary purpose is to help mentees accomplish two tasks:
- Set important development goals
- Build competence and character to reach those goals
This year, the MASS AWIS mentoring circle program will be entering its 10th year! We have built a community of over 300 women who are setting career goals, learning critical skills and strengthening their network. The various groups exchange experiences, challenges, and opportunities for the purpose of enhancing self-confidence, communication skills, leadership practices, and commitment to one’s career.
Have more questions about being a mentor or mentee?
- Check out the Mentoring Circles Page, the Mentor, and Mentee Recruitment Flyers
- Read “A Mentoring Program for Women Scientists Meets a Pressing Need” from Nature Biotechnology by MASS AWIS 2011 President: Masha Hareli
- Contact the Mentoring Committee Chairs: Lesley Mathews Griner and Sarah Sherlock
Mentors FREE · Mentees $25
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.