- This event has passed.
Get on Board for the Scholarship Fund: Happy Hour with MASS AWIS Board Members
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Throughout the years, many talented board members and volunteers have worked hard to establish MASS AWIS as one of the leading chapters of the Association for Women in Science and as a great resource for women looking to build their career.
Come and network with many of our former and current board members, including our founder and first president Joanne Kamens. Come and learn their career stories, and roles in MASS AWIS while helping to give a voice and empower women in STEM who need the help of our association and its scholarship program.
The MASS AWIS Member Scholarship provides financial assistance for unemployed or underemployed individuals seeking to join MASS AWIS to help with their professional development through the workshops and the networking opportunities that MASS AWIS offers.
All the profit of this event will go to the scholarship fund to allow our scholarship committee to support more women in STEM. Since 2014, we have awarded 32 scholarships. Our scholarship program has been recognized by national AWIS through their magazine article published this spring.
Snacks and non-alcoholic drink will be provided
Alcoholic drink available for purchase
MASS AWIS members $10 · Non-members $20
+ optional donations to the scholarship fund
Board Members Attending
- Joanne Kamens, PhD: Founder and Past President (2006 – 2007)
Executive Director, Addgene
- Tooba Cheema, PhD: Past President (Jan 2015 – June 2016)
Senior Scientist, Unum Therapeutics
- Karen Yee, PhD: Current President
Research Lab Manager/Medical Specialist II, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Elona Kolpakova Hart, PhD: Past VicePresident (2010)
Senior Curation Specialist, Intervention Insights
- Lynnelle Pittet, PhD: Past Vice President (2011)
Associate Director of Program Management, Cerulean Pharma
- Christa Van Dort, PhD: Past Vice President (Jan 2015 – June 2016)
Instructor, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Janice Kranz, PhD: Current Secretary
- Yoojin Chung, PhD: Past Treasurer (Jan 2014 – June 2016)
Instructor, Otolaryngology, Harvard Medical school
- Elif Sikoglu, PhD: Past Scholarship Chair (Jan 2015 – June 2016)
Principal Scientist, PAREXEL International
- Ilaria Lamberto, PhD: Current Scholarship Chair
Postdoctoral Associate, Dana-Farber Cancer Insititute
- Lynes Torres, PhD: Current Sponsorship Co-Chair
Life Sciences Consultant Analyst, PA Consulting Group
- Ayesha Islam, PhD: Current Membership Co-Chair
Adjunct Professor, Bunker Hill Community College
- Kiki Chu, PhD: Past Communications Co-Chair (Jan 2014-June 2016)
- Karen De Ceunynck, PhD: Current Communications Co-Chair
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Lauren Laidlaw: Current Events West Chair
Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, Safety Partners, Inc.
- Laure Deflubé-Owen, PhD: Current Events East Co-Chair
Research Scientist, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Thank you to our sponsor for this event!
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.