- This event has passed.
An Evening of Diversity and Inclusion @ Biotech Week Boston
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
If Diversity and Inclusion is an important topic to you, then you need to attend An Evening of Diversity and Inclusion at Biotech Week Boston, Tuesday, September 4th at the Hilton Boston Back Bay.
Connect with leaders who are ready to talk about diversity and inclusion with practical solutions for propelling all dimensions of diversity throughout your organization. The evening begins with a panel discussion from industry executives who are leading the way by implementing diversity and inclusion programs at their companies and organizations. Panelists will discuss what it takes to be a leader that drives diversity throughout an organization, and other actionable takeaways to get conversations about inclusion moving throughout your organization.
Following the panel, join attendees for cocktails and conversation at an interactive networking reception. Members of the life science community who are forging the path for diversity will lead roundtable discussions throughout the room. Meet a potential mentor, connect with other attendees, and have substantive conversations about diversity and inclusion.
Change Starts With You. Save 10% when you register with your VIP Code MAAWIS.
If you register for this event you can also get 6 complimentary tickets to Xcelerate!
6:00pm – 7:00pm Lead the Way: How to Champion Diversity and Inclusion in Life Sciences
- Edie Stringfellow: Director of Diversity and Inclusion, MassBio
- Joan Reede, MD, MPH, MS, MBA: Professor of Medicine, Dean for Diversity and Community Partnership, Harvard Medical School
7:00pm – 8:00pm Roundtable Reception
- Ramsey Johnson: Founder, OUTBio
- Nicole Gilmore: Director of Strategy and Operations, NEVCA and Hack.Diversity
- Marshall Milner: Executive Director of Science Training Programs, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Erica Colonero: Partner & Co-Founder, VisionSpring, Inc
- Lauren LaidLaw: Executive Director, BioPharma Executive Council
(Click Here for the full agenda)
Enter VIP Code MAAWIS
for 10% off registration
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.